The last of the remaining Covid-19 regulations in Wales ended in March 2022. So, whilst lots of my operating procedures have now reverted back to pre-Covid times, I recognise that the virus has not gone away and that many of my clients will, understandably, still have concerns about potential exposure. Your safety and wellbeing is paramount to me, so please be rest assured that I am still taking all sensible precautions to keep you safe during your visit.
Although no longer required by law, I am continuing to risk assess and adapt my Treatment Room and working practices in light of coronavirus infection rates.
Please see below for the Covid-19 safety measures that are currently in place when attending for your session.
Don’t forget that I am continuing to offer remote treatment options for those who are unable to attend in person at present, for whatever reason. Please contact me if you’d like to book a remote session.
GUIDELINES FOR CLIENT APPOINTMENTS
* Potential Covid-19 Risks
I respectfully ask that you do not attend your session should any of the following apply:
- You have experienced any covid symptoms within the last 7 days
- You have had a positive covid test within the last 7 days
- You have been in close contact (within 2 metres for more than 15 minutes) with someone who has experienced covid symptoms and/or had a positive covid test within the last 7 days
- You have received a covid vaccination within the last 72 hours
Please note that I do not require clients to be vaccinated to attend for treatment. I respect your rights and freedom to choose whether a vaccination is right for you and will not discriminate against any individual wishing to attend for treatment based on their vaccine status.
If any of the above points apply to you, please contact me and we can rearrange your session for a later date. I hope that you will understand that these measures are for the benefit of all my clients (many of whom are vulnerable), as well as myself and my family. Thank you in advance for your respect and co-operation.
* Treatments Available – I am delighted to announce that I am now able to offer all treatments, as usual.
* Treatment Times – I will continue to adhere to strict treatment times and allow a short gap between client sessions in order to avoid unnecessary interaction between clients and to allow me to thoroughly clean and ventilate the premises between sessions.
I thank you in advance for your understanding regarding treatment times.
* Arriving for your appointment – I kindly ask that when you arrive for your appointment, you wait either in your vehicle or in the Wellbeing Hub Waiting Room. At your designated appointment time, I will call you to let you know that I am ready to welcome you in for your session. This helps to ensure these is no overlap between clients in the Treatment Room and that I can undertake the necessary cleaning and ventilation of the room between client appointments.
* Washing Your Hands – All clients will continue to be asked to wash their hands on entering and leaving the premises. The sink area will be thoroughly cleaned immediately prior to your visit and stocked with liquid soap, hand sanitizer (if required) and a clean flannel for each client to use to dry their hands.
* Face Coverings – It is no longer a legal requirement for myself or clients to wear face coverings during treatment sessions.
I understand that whilst many clients will welcome this new guidance, others may perhaps feel nervous or uncomfortable about mask-free sessions. If you would feel happier with us both continuing to wear face masks during your session, please just let me know on your arrival. I respect and honour your views and concerns on this matter.
CHANGES TO MY TREATMENT ROOM/ WORKING PRACTICES
In addition to the above, I have made further changes to my Treatment Room and working practices in order to keep you safe, including:
* Introducing an increased cleaning schedule, including cleaning in between each client and at the start and end of each day. This includes thorough cleaning of the Treatment Room, my treatment bed, and all frequently touched surfaces such as chairs, door handles, taps, soap and sanitizer dispensers, card machine, pens etc. Obviously, the strictest hygiene is always a priority for clinical therapists, however, these standards will be even more stringent in light of the current situation.
* Washing all bed linen, blankets, towels and pillow covers between each client.
* Room Ventilation – Scientific research shows that the spread of Covid-19 is slowed significantly outdoors and in well ventilated spaces. In light of this, I will be ensuring good ventilation to my Treatment Room and other areas used by clients by opening windows during and after sessions.
I hope that you find this information helpful and reassuring. If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact me. I will be happy to answer any questions or address any concerns you may have. Please be reassured that whilst I will be undertaking these important safety measures, it is also very important to me that the serenity of your treatment and our therapeutic relationship are maintained as usual. I will do everything I can to ensure the balance between compliance and your relaxation and wellbeing. I look forward to welcoming you back to Optimum health & wellbeing!